Tuesday, January 13, 2015

After the Holidays

We went out today with Mandy and Greta and had lunch at the B&C BBQ buffet in old town and after enjoying the no doubt healthy food there we headed over to Nifty Nut House, a Wichita landmark.

This was the first time for Mandy and Greta to go. It was fun to see the store thru the eyes of first timers.  We stocked up with BBQ flavored almonds and a new assortment of Jelly Belly candies.
Heading into Nifty Nut House
Cold weather brings out the desire for good chili. This reminded me that many decades ago I obtained a pamphlet put out by Marlboro full of really good chili recipes. This was part of their Marlboro Man marketing efforts. I never did smoke, but I sure enjoy the chili recipes.
Worth a search to find in the used bookstores

One of many great recipes from the Chili article

I've wanted to learn to play the piano and have put it off until retirement. One actually needs a keyboard of sorts to learn so we treated ourselves to a digital piano for Christmas and have been learning the basics ever since.  I am just at the point I can put out the beginnings of recognizable sounds. As they say, "The longest journey begins with a single step".


 The cold weather has played havoc with this car wash. Makes me wonder how long it will take for this to melt away...


2 comments:

  1. I was just playing the old school version of Oregon Trail the other day (they released them to play online for free) and it brought back so many fond memories of all the time I got to spend at your house with Mandy growing up. I remember your computer being the most high tech awesome thing back then. Now you have a high tech piano with a laptop on top of it. :-) How far we've come is always amazing. Glad to see you're enjoying retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also had a nice time on Tuesday. Whenever you feel the need to take us out to lunch, you are more than welcome to do so. ;-)

    ReplyDelete