Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Bit of Everything




We've been out of pocket a bit and somewhat lax about getting the blog updated. This is because our tenants moved out and we've spent the better part of two weeks cleaning, painting and fixing the home in preparation for the next tenants. 

This gives us the chance to eat out a lot and try different restaurants. The Brick House in Lindsborg, KS is the home to great burgers and pizza.


Julie at the Brickhouse. It is a cleverly converted former gas station
My burger was basically a Reuben sandwich with a beef patty - really good!

Julie had the Big MC which was also very tasty



 I was at the local Polaris dealer to get some parts and found this sitting outside. Based on watching it drive off I'd say it is REALLY fast! It is called the Polaris slingshot. Promotional video can be found at http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot

I think they are going for a younger demographic than me based on the video but it is quite the design solution nevertheless.






The local model railroad club brought in a talented group of modelers for the yearly train show.  Steve Weidner does fantastic work with scale figures and creates little scenes that tell a story. He and  Mark Fisher have modules they display showing their work.



 I don't know who built this model but am very impressed with the skill of the model making as well as the story being told. I have a friend who posts modelling work and I believe this was shown at an east coast modelling show. I picked it off of his Facebook post.




Pam Todd is another of our talented local modelers made this scene of a wedding with the bride and groom walking to the reception. I like the 'party' feeling.


 My son-in-law Sean recently completed building his 3-D printer. I got a chance to watch it in action with the build of a 1/48th actual size oil drum for my model railroad. We downloaded an oil drum file from the website www.thingiverse.com and scaled it correctly and then sent it to the printer. 27 minutes later we had an accurate scale oil drum. Great Fun!  


1 comment:

  1. What a nice post! I enjoyed the ship with the giant squid, wow the time that had to have gone into that. Very cool! Glad Sean was able to make something on the printer while you were here, he's sure enjoying that project.

    ReplyDelete